kimperry98

Kim's Library

The Heart of Christmas

I really enjoyed it! Eve runs the B & B and she doesn’t react well to her birthday, which leads to an encounter with a sexy newcomer to Whiskey Creek. I love that Eve has a tendency to say what she thinks. Eve is also loyal, giving, and persistent. Rex/Brent is just the opposite. Rex is very private and absolutely avoids conversation about himself and his life as much as possible. Both have high expectations of themselves, especially when they believe they have failed.

Despite the fact that Rex is clearly keeping many secrets, Eve is intrigued. They have great chemistry and their physical relationship develops very quickly, but intimacy takes longer to develop. Rex claims to be uninterested in creating any ties or commitment, but he finds himself drawn to Eve in spite of his current circumstances. Eve's friends are skeptical about Rex, which is understandable, but I think Eve could have used their support. It's difficult to be one of the few the single people in a group of couples.

I'm really looking forward to the next book in this series! I would love for Kyle to get his own HEA and the continuing drama with Chey. I think Chey, Presley, and Aaron underestimated just how taxing it will be to keep this secret.

*I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.